Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Two Down, Ten to Go

Two of the items in my wishlist were already granted...
I visited my ortho-surgeon at Asian Hospital this morning to have my post-op foot checked.  Good thing I didn't have that super lazy ass to postpone the visit and weather today was fine so nothing can stop me from my doc visit.  Anyway, when I arrived the clinic, the secretary told me to get my xray film first from the Radiology Department because only the official reading was forwarded to the doctor.  When I came back (to the clinic), I read the official reading and felt that everything was already normal.  I waited about forty-five minutes before my name was called (I was already the 13th patient considering I arrived early).  AAnd then it was my turn... I was happy seeing my doctor again hehehe... My handsome doctor hehe... Anyway, I asked him if I can already run because I signed up for a marathon this Saturday.  And he said "Yes! Ok na yung foot mo o, no lesions or fracture whatsoever.  Wag mo lang biglain.  Run-Walk-Run ka na lang" and I felt ecstatic!  He even told me that he'll recommend my Vibram to his future buniectomy patients.  At, eto pa isang comment from him "ok na yung paa mo, pwede ka na mag-asawa". HAHAHA! Buset na doctor!  Ok lang, at least ngayon, I'm confident that I can walk, run, jog, go hip hop class or do capoeira normally :-)

I know this is a very late post for the newest addition in our family, but I'm very happy to say that my sister in law gave birth to a healthy (9 pound) baby girl and she was named Carleen.  At first, we thought that it was a boy... And we felt that the baby was a boy.  Then my brother told us that based on the ultrasound, the gyne was not sure if it's a boy or a girl.  Still we felt that it was a boy until the final ultrasound.  It's a girl.  And then I dreamed that my sister in law gave birth to a baby girl but she looks like my brother. HAHA.  Anyway, when I reviewed my wishlist, it was there, right in front of my face that I was wishing for a baby girl. Tee hee! :-)

Now, there's a lot of reasons to celebrate! Yey! After my follow-up check-up, I went to the mall for a little shopping and to eat at my favorite Italian restaurant here in our place-Gotti's.  I had Pasta Bolognese, Chicken Fingers, Pizza and Iced Tea for my main course and this was the first time I tried their Tartufo Nero for my dessert.  Tartufo Nero (English: Black Truffle) is a dark chocolate gelato with cherry in the middle.  At first, I thought, Gotti's' menu was just fooling me because I can't find the cherry after eating half of the Tartufo.  When I started eating the other half, the cherry showed up! :-D

And few of my captured memories from today...

Yummy lunch!

Tartufo Nero

I was surprised to see a marshmallow in the middle instead of the cherry.

Ok! There's the cherry!


Few of my finds from Body Shop

Plus a rewards card from Body Shop :)


0 Thoughts: