Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day of the "Arts"

On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 my manager invited me to her kids' recital which was held at the Teatro ng GSIS. I was excited because I'd be able to sort of practice my skills again... and with my favorite subject, I know this "shoot" would be fun! The show started on time (3:30 PM) and it lasted for just about an hour.  My manager's kids, Ianna and Caela were apart on stage, Ianna was on the left side, Caela was on the right so, being the "unofficial" photographer, I'd have to take a lot of photos even if it meant switching from one side to the other.  For the duration of the show, my shutter count was about 180... A lot huh?!  But only few photos are nice... It's ok, I was just practicing anyway. :-) 
After the show, we checked out the Arts (paintings and sculptures) at the theater lobby.  They're all nice and apparently, the artworks were being sold by GSIS (Government Service Insurance System) so that they would be able to pay their debts (please click for more info).  Some of the paintings were abstract and it looks like it was painted by a kid :-D
The last stop of my "Art Day" was at the Mall of Asia where we watched The Priest in 3D! I won't go into details about the movie but I enjoyed it... With my jumbo Nachos from Nacho King :-)  Oh, by the way, this day also was my first time to run in seven months! I needed to run because it was already raining outside the mall... So, what am I doing outside the Mall of Asia (San Miguel by the Bay side)??? I was actually looking for Nacho King, which at first, we thought was at the other side of the road... Hehe, all in the name of Nachos!
Here are some of my favorite shots of the day...

See the giant peeping?

Just one of Ianna and Caela's classmates happy with her certificate :)


Cheerleader Caela

Ianna The Artisan



















0 Thoughts: