Thursday, June 2, 2011

First INC Unity Games

The first ever unity games of the Iglesia ni Cristo would be on for two Saturdays (May 21 & 28, 2011) and it was and will be held at the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex. When I first learned about the event and knew that there would be a marathon, I decided to participate.  After all, this was what I was preparing for when I visited my doctor last Tuesday.  Since my foot was already ok to run, then might as well give it a "break in". 
My brothers and I woke up at 3:30am and had a hearty breakfast since we're aware that we need the energy for the 3km run.  We were picked up by my friend, Ian who will (supposed to) be the "unofficial" photographer for the day; I brought my camera too of course just in case I don't want to finish the 3km run =D
We waited for few minutes at the church before we proceed to Manila, then our convoy left at exactly 5:30am.  When we arrived at the venue, the bad weather was already starting to show... Now, how can we run???  I don't wanna run soaking wet!  Anyway, it's a good thing that the rain poured when we were already at the covered part of the complex.  The rain poured hard and it lasted for about 30 minutes, and... You guessed it right!  No one from me and my brothers were able to join the marathon... LOSER!  Nevertheless, we enjoyed watching the opening program--pep rally, presentation of the Velasco Brothers, entrance of the athletes, torch lighting, etc... Ian and I didn't finish the program for the day and before the track & field events were done, we already left the complex.  Too bad, we were'nt able to watch the volleyball game which a lot of my church friends were players.  We were already tired and hungry so we went to the weekend market at Salcedo to have our lunch.  It's a very sumptuous lunch of Creamy Shrimp and rice! Yum! We bought desserts pa of sugar-free leche flan (for Ian) and mocha cake (for me). And because we were already full, we brought our desserts home, took a nap then had the desserts for our merienda... Paired with my not so famous coffee :-) Anyway, here are two of my likey shots from the event...


0 Thoughts: