Saturday, January 15, 2011

One... Happy Birthday to ME!!!

My seven-day countdown to my birthday is over (I guess now you know why I put numbers as my title).  Today's my big day and it started by speaking with my aunt who is in Canada right now.  We "skyped" away from midnight till 1:30am!  And, I really waited for the very start of the 14th (12MN) because I wanted to "welcome" my birthday :-) My first well-wisher was Ann (my best friend's sister) who sent me an SMS at exactly 12MN, and she only had one wish for me... Love Life! Teehee! :-)  Then, since I was also chatting with Angel at the time, she was the second well-wisher via YM, plus she wrote a very nice birthday write up for me (because I kept on bugging her about it hehe) which made me go "awww..." Again, thank you so much bestie for that very touching write-up!  From midnight until the end of the day (as in 11:59pm), birthday wishes were coming in through different media--SMS, Facebook, Blogger, Skype, YM and Plurk.  My family and friends' common wish for me was...  A good man who will fight for me and my love; and (as Angel would say) real-life fairy tale happy ending :-)
Other than replying to the birthday greetings I received, nothing so fancy (e.g. party) happened in the day... Just a little pampering for myself at David's Salon and Spa.  I availed of their leg waxing, brow threading and pedicure... Now I feel so pretty! Haha!  After my salon visit, I went home and again "skyped" away (teehee!) until "my friend" had to sleep already.  I had my nap after skype-ing and when I woke up I cooked my own recipe of vegetable Carbonara... Yum!  And of course, like I always do since 2006, my birthday won't be complete without going to the church, thanking God and asking for a prayer from our Pastor.  It's funny too because the Pastor's wife invited me for dinner, isn't it supposed to be me who should invite them for a treat? :-D  After the nice dinner, I went to Pizza Hut and ordered two boxes of pizza which I shared with my mom and my brothers when I got home.  The day ended with (again) skype-ing with "my friend" until he had to leave for work.  It was only a simple celebration but I'm very thankful for my family and friends who remembered and who shared their time with me even in their simplest ways.
My birthday food!

The birthday girl

The birthday girl and her mom

The birthday girl and her crazy brother

Us! Papa was not around, he's at someone else's party hehe. My other two brothers were not around as well, one was in China and the other one was already sleeping.
 

2 Thoughts:

kikilabotz said...

happy bday ms avee ^_^

Artiemous said...

haberdeytuyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! :D