Monday, November 1, 2010

The 1st of the month

Yes, it's the first of the month. The first of November to be exact. It's All Saint's... Or Soul's Day? I really can't remember which falls on which. All I know is that my Non-INC brothers and sisters remember their dead loved ones on this day. What else do I know about November 1? Hmm... It's one of my friends' birthday. Hehe... So ironic di ba coz majority of the people of the Philippines go to cemeteries and "pay tribute" to their dead then meron palang iba na nagcecelebrate ng pagkabuhay nila sa mundo. Funny lang, coz every time meron may birthday ng November 1, tampulan sila ng katatawanan. And I was once a "tampulan ng katatawanan" when my then boyfie and I celebrated our monthsary on the first of November... Walang magagawa coz 1 talaga ang monthsary. Yun nga lang, hati yung time coz he still has to go to the sementeryo.

For me, due lang naman to history and mga pamana ng mga naunang tao that's why we can associate festivities to certain dates. Pero, sa opinyon ko, ang date ay parang age lang: it's just a number... A number that will constantly remind us of our past and the moments that were very significant sa ating pagkatao ;-)

0 Thoughts: