Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!!!

It's my big 3-0 today and I don't feel like I'm 30... Sabi nga ng elder namin sa church, "30 is just a number". For me, it really is... Pero syempre, di ko rin maiwasan mag-isip ng ganito "30 na ko, and then what now?". Asan ako ngayon? Ok naman ang career ko, Zero ang lovelife pero happy... Generally speaking, I'm happy with where I am and what I have right now. It's a great thing I still have my job and my position. I still have my friends and nadagdagan pa nga kasi dumami yung nag-greet sa kin this year (sa text pa lang yon, wala pa yung email and personal greetings). Every year, since I had my own mobile phone, I saved birthday greetings from friends. Last year, I got 45 birthday texts tapos this year, I got 62!!! Yebah! :)
What did I do to celebrate my birthday... 1) Lunch-out with mom (@ Red Ribbon, had Salisbury Steak and Tiramisu); we're supposed to wake up early and do some jogging but Josh called in the wee hours of the morning and we talked until sunrise so mejo hindi ako pwede mag-jogging ng puyat, 2)Went to the salon, had my pedicure and brow-threading, 3)Went to the Internet shop to check my Facebook and blog (I got birthday blogreetings from my bestie and my "sister" Ü), 4) Had a good massage for an hour and a half (FOR FREE! Coz it's my birthday) courtesy of my suki Massage to Go; and 5) Went to church to attend the worship service and asked for a prayer from our pastor.

After the Masahe (in my cotton Kimono courtesy of Joshua)
After Church Service with Churchmates and our Church Minister
If one would assess, kinda boring ang aking celebration, but it's not! Na-enjoy ko ang masahe at pagpapamper ng sarili... And it's ok lang coz I still have 2 more birthday celebrations that I'm looking forward to (double celebrations nga lang)--January 17 (with my office friend Aileen) and January 22 (with my bestie). Happy Birthday to Me!!! :)
See more of my birthday pics here.

2 Thoughts:

Rouselle said...

There's nothing like pampering oneself! Gusto ko rin ng massage! Ü Thirty is the new 20!

Avee said...

Korach! 30 is the new 20 and sabi ng Tita ko 60 is the new 40... hehehe... paiba ng paiba ang takbo ng panahon... :)